Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm In!

Hello all! You may have noticed that Nick has been the only one posting for a while. Well, he sent me an invite to be an administrator, and it expired while I was at Girl's Camp :) But now I'm officially in, and I can post on our bog.

Life is good. I have been called to the Primary Presidency as the secretary in our new ward. I have my first presidency meeting at 1:00 this afternoon, and I will be set apart tonight. I have also taken up a fun new exercise routine called Jazzercize, and it's free if I do 2 hours of babysitting a week. It's been very fun: all I have to do is play with 5-6 kids for an hour before I exercise! And frankly, if I didn't have a prior commitment to wake up and be there to watch the kids, I might not be motivated to go. It's definitely a win/win situation.

I have taken up an old habit of reading cookbooks for an hour or so a day. I had to stifle this desire while I was doing my Masters because it distracted me from doing school work, but now I can do it all I want! I am trying out a new creamy carrot soup tonight for dinner. We'll see how it goes.

I met Nick's new second year "buddy" and his wife yesterday--Brent and Brenna. I love them already! Brenna works at a school nearby and told me she would hand out my information to her students if I made a card advertising music lessons. She works at a school close by, so many of her students likely live in our neighborhood. I am excited to start teaching again.

Tomorrow night we leave for Vegas for to see Daniel's wedding (my little brother). Though we closed on our house July 17th, and moved in the next day, I still have not been home for a full two week stretch. But our little excursions to Utah and Vegas have been very fun.

So there it is, my first post! Now, how about I invite some people to get on here and read it.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment