At the suggestion of Chrissy's father, we decided to take a detour to Arches National Park on our way home from a funeral in Las Vegas. We are so glad he had the idea, because we loved exploring all the beautiful formations in the park. Taking random get-away trips may be a little more difficult when I am busy with school and when we have kids. It was great to take advantage of such a golden opportunity. Here are some our our favorite pictures:
I thought the Balanced Rock needed a little help balancing.There are so many incredible things to see in this world and many of them are very close by. I am excited to explore the mountains in Colorado and take more detours to see the parks in Utah when we travel to visit family.
Tomorrow I start my medical school orientation week. I am not sure exactly what is going on tomorrow, except that we are taking pictures for our ID badges. The goatee you see me sporting in these pictures will be gone tomorrow. It was only intended as a surprise for Chrissy after she came home from a week in Utah, but it "grew on me." Still, I decided to shave it off for my official picture. Maybe it will return in the future... Anyway, Tuesday and Wednesday we have a retreat at a resort called Winter Park. Thursday we have course orientation and a White Coat Ceremony. Friday is mini-Med School where they bring in the best lecturers and teach our families. Last year the families even had to take a test. We'll see how much Dad remembers!
I am excited for this new phase in our lives. I know we are where we are supposed to be and I know we have wonderful experiences ahead of us.
Tomorrow I start my medical school orientation week. I am not sure exactly what is going on tomorrow, except that we are taking pictures for our ID badges. The goatee you see me sporting in these pictures will be gone tomorrow. It was only intended as a surprise for Chrissy after she came home from a week in Utah, but it "grew on me." Still, I decided to shave it off for my official picture. Maybe it will return in the future... Anyway, Tuesday and Wednesday we have a retreat at a resort called Winter Park. Thursday we have course orientation and a White Coat Ceremony. Friday is mini-Med School where they bring in the best lecturers and teach our families. Last year the families even had to take a test. We'll see how much Dad remembers!
I am excited for this new phase in our lives. I know we are where we are supposed to be and I know we have wonderful experiences ahead of us.



Sweet goatee. I keep wondering if Alan is going to grow one--but I'm okay that he hasn't. Good luck this week.
ReplyDeleteYeah, what's with the facial hair? Did you have to negotiate with your Chrissy? "I'll let you approve all my outfits if you let me grow out my facial hair"
ReplyDeleteNice pictures of the Arches. I should visit someday. Best of luck to you in med-school.