Thursday, October 29, 2009

SNOWY HALLOWEEN!!!


That's right, today is a SNOW DAY! It has snowed about a foot and campus is closed as of yesterday at 1:00 pm. It may even be closed tomorrow. Here's a picture of the snow drift in front of our door before I shoveled it:

Here's the snow piled up on our newly stained deck. Glad we got it stained before the weather hit!


I am grateful for the snow. We have had fun together at home today. All the time I think of things I would like to blog about, but I don't usually find the time to do it. Perhaps someday you will get to hear my thoughts on cadaver dissection, my excitement about a lab I may rotate through, my experiences with my new clinical preceptor, or my gratitude toward our excellent ward. But not today. Instead of trying to catch up with everything, I am just going to start where I am, and cover those topics if I can.

So for the Head and Neck unit of Anatomy, several guys from class vowed not to shave their heads or necks for the three week unit and have a beard-off. Here is mine (the day after our test, with my neck shaved).

I know the toothbrushing is sort of weird, but it's the best picture I have of the beard. During the week, my beard shrank to a goatee, a mustache (for five minutes) and then to nothing in preparation for our Halloween costume: Edward and Bella from Twilight. If you look closely in the first picture, you can even see my sparkly skin.


Here's a picture of some food we brought to a Halloween party with some med school friends. There was supposed to be a contest for the spookiest food, so we brought eyeballs served on cross-sections of arms.

Also for Halloween, my parents came in town for a night and we saw Wicked downtown. It was even better than I imagined it. I'm glad they made it out of Denver before the worst of the storm.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Happy Halloween to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Love the Halloween costumes. Before I read the description I was thinking, "Wow, Nick looks unusually pale. I hope he's okay". Ha! That's awesome. You guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally called the Edward/Bella thing. Nice work.

    ...snow...!?

    ReplyDelete