Here are pictures of my growing belly by month, with a bit of commentary on each.
Um, still not really showing. Those are regular pants and a regular shirt.5 Months

This was right after a performance we did with Kantorei, our community choir. Still little, though I could feel a difference in my body while I was singing since Brinton was right up to my belly button.
For all my Singers friends: you know you bought your Singers clothes WAY too big when they still fit at 5 and 6 months pregnant (my belly was narrow for 5 mos, but still). Supposedly this dress was the "right" size when it was our uniform in '03... Oh well! it was a blessing to have for this concert and our Christmas concerts a few weeks later.
For all my Singers friends: you know you bought your Singers clothes WAY too big when they still fit at 5 and 6 months pregnant (my belly was narrow for 5 mos, but still). Supposedly this dress was the "right" size when it was our uniform in '03... Oh well! it was a blessing to have for this concert and our Christmas concerts a few weeks later.
6 Months
I was six months on Christmas Eve! This picture was taken in Utah by the Bishop's beautiful tree. Still wearing regular clothes.7 Months
There it is! My belly finally started showing at seven months. Baby and I had a growth spurt over Christmas (all that yummy food?! hehe). Those are indeed maternity clothes--cute ones thanks to my lovely sister-in-law Miriam who gave me her whole collection.A week from today is my eight month mark. Time is flying! Tune in for another update around that time.
In a nutshell, my pregnancy has been so great. Lack of severe nausea, lots of room due to a long torso, absolutely no anemia, encouraging friends at my exercise class, and incredible support from my awesome husband have been huge blessings. I feel great! I'm also at the beginning of the end, so I write this with lots of humility and high hopes that the pregnancy will continue to progress well.
I love you all! Thanks for your support.
A special thanks to Nick for posting these pictures from his computer yesterday during his busy school hours. :)


You are tiny! You look wonderful, too. I got really big when I was pregnant, and even had a student ask me if I was pregnant when I was only 11 weeks along. Yikes!
ReplyDeletewait a minute. are you sure you're pregnant?! you're teeny tiny!!! i can't believe you're almost eight months and you still are hardly showing! i'm excited for you guys. enjoy being pregnant! i can't believe i'm saying this but i kind of miss it!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a long torso! I had a friend who was really tall and she hardly showed at all. I was 2 months behind her though I looked farther along. Lucky for you you didn't have to wear maternity clothes until way late. And they are SO CUTE! You look absolutely gorgeous. I may have missed it, but have you decided on any names? :)
ReplyDeleteChristina, you look great! I really couldn't believe how the pictures of your belly looked so small, your belly looked so small, I mean. Wow! I hope the rest of the time goes well too!
ReplyDeleteI think you're the girl that all of us pregnant girls hate! Ok, I'm kidding, but you look amazing! I mean seriously, have you even gained any weight? I guess it shouldn't surprise me, you've always been gorgeous, why would pregnancy be any different, right? I love you, sweetie! I'm SO excited for you! You guys are going to be the BEST parents. And you're going to be have the best looking little kid ever:)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Christina! You look great! I am glad things are going so well and I hope that they continue to go well. You are almost there :)
ReplyDeleteWow! You look amazing! What a blessing to have a long torso! Only a few more months to go!
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute! I hope the end of the pregnancy goes smoothly :) Sounds like you guys are having tons of fun. We miss you around here.
ReplyDelete